Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tie-Dyed Cupcakes

So I saw this idea about a year ago on a blog that I can't remember and I remember thinking "That is so cool!", but I never had time to try it. Well my baby (who is no longer a baby) turns FOUR tomorrow so I thought I'd try them out for her to take to daycare. Here are some pictures of the adventure...

These are the colors I chose. Pink and purple are Kate's favorite colors (of course) and I decided to do blue so the boys in her class wouldn't feel too left out! **NOTE** IF you ask your husband to help, make sure he knows it DOES NOT take the entire bottle of blue food coloring to dye a small portion of batter!
Here they are all pretty and swirled! I just took one spoonful of each color and put it in the muffin cup then took a toothpick and swirled all the colors around. Psychedelic, right? Haha!

Taadaaaaaaa!! See how pretty they are? I hope Kate appreciates them as much as an almost-four-year-old can! What do you think??







2 comments: