Friday, June 18, 2010

Proposal Story

This is probably my favorite "Show Us Your Life" yet! Here we go...

Ok let me set the mood for this one! So Jeremy and I had been dating for about 6 months when he proposed to me. I had absolutely NO IDEA it was coming! I mean, we had talked about it and jokingly (or so I thought) looked at a couple rings, but I just didn't think he was that serious!

Anyway, it all started on July 2, 2004. That night we got together with a bunch of our friends and we played all-night paintball. Yes, I know, we are crazy. So we were up all night running around a huge field getting shot at until about 5 am. ANNNNNND we had to go to work the next day! Again, I know we were crazy! So we went to work the next morning, July 3, and worked all day until about 4 pm. We were going to head up to his parent's house that night to hang out since his step-sister, Misty, was home on leave from the ARMY and I had never met her before. So I got home and showered and Jeremy came over to get me. We get in the car and he says, "Hey, I forgot my phone inside. I'll be right back." I didn't think anything about it since he's one of those guys who empties his pockets as soon as he gets somewhere. So I sit in the car dozing while I'm waiting on him. He finally comes back and we head to his house. We get there and it's his turn to take a shower so I laid on the couch in his house and slept while he was getting ready. When he got done he came and woke me up and said, "Let's go sit on the porch swing." At this point I am groggy, grouchy, and trying to figure out why we're going to go sit on the porch when the whole purpose of us being there was to see Misty. But I went. So we're sitting on the swing, not really talking, and he says, "There's something I need to tell you." Again, I'm half out of it so I'm not getting any clues here. He proceeds to tell me that he thinks I'm amazing and that he's so happy I'm in his life and that he loves me. Ok, stop right there. Up until this point, we had not said the Big L Word. We both had agreed that we wanted to be really sure before we threw that word around. So I'm thinking that's what this is all about. He just wanted to tell me he loved me. WRONG! He gets down on one knee and pulls out this AMAZING ring! Nothing like the ones we looked at! And he asks me to marry him. My response? "DID YOU ASK MY DAD????" Of course he did! My next response? "DO YOUR PARENTS KNOW???" Of course they did. Actually his mom watched the whole thing through the kitchen window! So of course I said yes! And it was perfect!

Fun fact. He was actually supposed to propose to me on the 4th of July, but he says he couldn't wait another day. When he told me he forgot his phone, he actually went back in and told my dad that he was going to pop the question that night instead of the next day.

Another fun fact. His mom actually has her house on the market right now, and you want to know what my husband asked for? The porch swing. We're going to bring it home and build a stand for it so we can keep it. He's sweet like that! :)

We've been married a little over 5 years now, and I gotta say, the decision to marry that man was probably the best one I've ever made! I am a lucky girl! :)

What's YOUR proposal story??

P.S. I'll be starting the 30 Day meme next week so be sure to check back!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet story! Who knows, maybe your children will propose on that swing!!

    (I've been reading and saw that you're from Aiken! My brother actually went to USC-Aiken! I love that town!)

    ReplyDelete